The REAL reason the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup

JUL
July 639, 2011
2011
Categories: Blog

I created this post as a response to the questions on why the Canucks lost.  There are in fact many reasons, but all those reasons pale to the comparison of health.  Let me know your thoughts.

I KNOW YOU THINK THAT INJURIES ARE NOT AN EXCUSE
BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN INJURIES CAN’T AN EXPLANATION
IT’S TRUE THERE IS NO EXCUSES WHEN IT COMES TO COMPETING
BUT LET’S BE HONEST HOCKEY IS A PHYSICAL SPORT
AND HEALTH PLAYS A MAJOR ROLE IN A TEAM’S SUCCESS
SO JUST COMPARE THESE 2 INJURY REPORTS – YOU TELL ME

Tags: , , , , ,

« | »

6 Responses to “The REAL reason the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup”

1. admin says:

You’re actually bang on the money! For the Bruins, last year was the path to this year’s cup! Same for Crosby and the Penguins…if they never lost against Detroit, they would have never overcome. So this is a twisted way of showing hope for a Canuck fan – maybe just a teeny-weeny bit at the Bruins expense :)

2. Julia says:

Awesome, glad I’m feeding the troll.
    Perhaps it wasn’t your intensions to take away from the Bruins win but it came off that way. I realize that injuries play a HUGE role in winning and losing. Without the Bruins losing Krejci there’s no way the Bruins lose against the Flyers, I do realize this. But without the Bruins losing to the Flyers last year the Bruins wouldn’t have won the Cup this year. Its partly what motivated them.
    I don’t like having to deal with ignorant Canucks fans on other websites that post this and think thats the reason they lost. The Canucks lost because they didn’t want it has bad. Clearly the Bruins WANTED the Cup more, they had to win 3 game 7s.
    All I’m saying is I don’t like that you are trying to take away from the Bruins win.

3. admin says:

LOL I was waiting for a Bruins fan to come back at me!
    I’m a Canuck fan so I do see things in a certain point of view. And I believe that the Bruin’s rightfully won, and I don’t take anything away from them.
    If you feel insulted as a Bruins fan, I can make the same graphic for you last year (BOS vs PHL series), and you’ll see that injuries DO play a major role in winning and losing.

4. Julia says:

@Sara:

Just because they state that they don’t want to make this an excuse doesn’t mean that they aren’t making an excuse.

I forgot Bergeron on my list.

Marc Savard is a gigantic loss and to be honest I think if we had, hell even everyone 100% and the Canucks 100% The Bruins would still win. This time in 5 games.

5. Sara says:

Pretty sure they’re just comparing injuries and as they stated before, they don’t want to make this an excuse.
    It’s just food for thought.
    Sure, you can add all those injured Bruins players too, but we still seem to have a larger injury set.

I don’t wanna start anything, but this is just a comparison. Nothing more.

6. Julia says:

This IS an excuse first off. Secondly Milan Lucic also had a deviated septum (he could only breath through one side of his nose), Steven Kampfer had a knee injury (wasn’t 100% from his concussion), Marc Savard had a severe concussion. Also Adam McQuaid and Chris Kelly were injured during the playoffs. I believe Zdeno Chara was sick as well during the playoffs but played through it. (I’m pretty sure I’m missing a Bruins player or two as well)

You put Aaron Rome on the list but you didn’t even put Marc Savard on the list? Really? Like Really?

I’m guessing you wont publish this reply if you can because it shows who wrong you are.